The Northamptonshire Steelbacks will return to action on the 11th of June following the release of the 2021 Vitality Blast and Royal London Cup fixtures.
The Vitality Blast returns to a 14-match group-stage format following last year’s revised structure, with the First-Class Counties split into traditional North and South groups.
Sky Sports is scheduled to broadcast a match on each of the first four days of the Vitality Blast, including the Steelback’s opening fixture, the Friday night home clash with the Worcestershire Rapids.
Vitality Blast Finals Day, which is a sell out after last summer’s ticket holders were given the option to roll their tickets over, will be staged at Edgbaston on the 18th of September.
After missing from the calendar in the truncated 2020 season, The Royal London Cup returns in full form with the final set to be staged at Trent Bridge on the 19th of August.
All Vitality Blast and Royal London Cup fixtures will be available via BBC Local Radio stations with extensive coverage also on 5 Live Sports Extra.
Today’s fixture release also reveals that Northamptonshire will take on Bedfordshire in a 50-over match on the 20th of July, just days before the start of the Royal London Cup at home to Glamorgan on the 25th.
ECB Managing Director of County Cricket, Neil Snowball, said: “The stage is set for an exciting and important summer of domestic cricket for the First-Class Counties and the women’s regional teams.
“I know how much county members and supporters eagerly anticipate the release of fixtures and I am pleased that we have been able to plan a complete schedule for men’s and women’s cricket.
“The Vitality Blast has established itself as a much-loved tournament while the return of the Royal London Cup, alongside the remodelled County Championship for this season, will be warmly welcomed as we all look forward to the summer.
The health and safety of anyone attending matches this summer will remain the priority of the ECB and the First-Class Counties.
The ECB continues to work closely with Government, and other sports, as it plans ways to safely welcome supporters back to venues across England and Wales this summer.
Click the button below to sync this summer’s domestic fixtures automatically to the calendar of your mobile phone and digital devices.
Northamptonshire Steelbacks Vitality Blast Fixtures
- Friday, June 11 Worcestershire Rapids (H)
- Sunday, June 13 Notts Outlaws (H)
- Tuesday, June 15 Birmingham Bears (H)
- Thursday, June 17 Derbyshire (A)
- Friday, June 18 Worcestershire Rapids (A)
- Sunday, June 20 Leicestershire Foxes (H)
- Wednesday, June 23 Durham (A)
- Friday, June 25 Lancashire Lightning (H)
- Saturday, June 26 Yorkshire Vikings (A)
- Tuesday, June 29 Leicestershire (A)
- Wednesday, June 30 Durham (H)
- Friday, July 09 Lancashire Lightning (A)
- Friday, July 16 Derbyshire (H)
- Sunday, July 18 Birmingham Bears (A)
Northamptonshire Steelbacks Royal London Cup Fixtures
- Sunday, July 25 Glamorgan (H)
- Wednesday, July 28 Yorkshire (A)
- Friday, July 30 Surrey (A)
- Sunday, August 01 Derbyshire (H)
- Friday, August 06 Warwickshire (A)
- Sunday, August 08 Somerset (H)
- Tuesday, August 10 Nottinghamshire (A)
- Thursday, August 12 Leicestershire (H)