Performance Pathway Coach
Salary competitive dependent on experience
Location; Northamptonshire County Cricket Club
Contract type; Permanent (Full time)
Closing date; Tuesday 22nd September 2020
Interview date; Tuesday 28th September 2020
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
One of the country’s leading First-Class County Clubs, Northamptonshire County Cricket Club are recruiting a Performance Pathway coach to work with our Elite youth pathway from players of 10 years old through to our Academy. This exciting role in Elite cricket department will see the candidate join our successful system that has been delivering player development, through the Pathway to First Class County and International Players within a safe, enjoyable, and professional environment assisting all players achieve their very best.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, self motivated, inspiring and have a positive attitude to work and Cricket. They will have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team. They should have good communication and presentation skills and the ability to work with a variety of individuals ranging from players, coaches and sports science and medicine colleagues. This role will require the successful candidate to demonstrate diligence and attention to detail regarding planning and presenting coaching sessions and they should be able to make effective use of their time within a busy and at times demanding environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
|· A minimum ECB Level 3 coaching qualification (or equivalent).|
· Experience of coaching on a county player pathway (or equivalent) or higher.
· Excellent coaching, communication and organisational skills.
· Good leadership and man management skills.
· Good time management, negotiation and presentation skills.
· Up to date safeguarding, first aid and DBS certification.
· Current ECB Coaches Association membership.
|· IT proficient, in terms of videoing, uploading, note taking and communications.|
· Experience of coaching using video analysis.
· Personal qualities including energy and enthusiasm, professional rapport with staff, flexibility/adaptability, sense of humour and diplomacy.
· A knowledge and understanding of junior and senior recreational cricket, and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key personnel in clubs and schools.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post one to Kevin Innes NCCC Abington Avenue Northampton NN1 4PR.
Please Note: whilst we will communicate with all applicants with regards to the status of their application, we are unable to provide direct feedback due to the number of applications we are likely to receive.
Reporting to: Academy Director
Main responsibilities & Duties:
To contribute towards the identification, mentoring and coaching of players on the NCCC Player Pathway, including the County Age Group Programme, Emerging Player Programme and NCCC Academy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coach on both the NCCC Academy and Emerging Player Programmes, assisting with the selection, induction, coaching, and monitoring of players, and player review process – using a Player Development Plan (PDP) model.
- Coach on the partnership programmes in Beds,Hunts and Bucks), monitoring of players and report into a scouting system.
- Lead Coach for 2 CAG squads (winter and summer) and assisting with all winter CAG training programmes.
- Attendance at player progress case conferences and coaches (CPD) workshops as directed by the Elite Cricket Development Manager.
- A member of the selection team at CAG trials (winter and summer), including the administration of player feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
- To assist the Elite Cricket Development Manager in the identification, monitoring and (when appropriate) trialling of talented players within and outside of NCCC affiliated clubs, schools and competitions.
- To assist the Elite Cricket Development Manager consulting with NCCC Club and Employed
- To undertake various administrative duties including report writing, emailing with the CAG and ACADEMY programme as directed by the Elite Cricket Development Manager.
- To assist in preparing and delivering the youth presentation evening.
- To drive their own personal development and growth.
- To serve as a role model in conjunction with the Club’s core values and strategic plans.
- To undertake any other related duties as directed by the Elite Cricket Development Manager.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
NCCC Elite Cricket Development Manager
NCCC Specialist Coaches
Lead & Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches
ECB National & Regional Talent Managers
NCCC Pathway Administrator
Want to help improve the experience of everyone who comes to The County Ground?
We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team of match day volunteer staff. You’ll help make sure everyone who visits The County Ground has the best experience possible by acting as a friendly face for all our supporters.
If you would like to join our volunteer programme or simply want to know a bit more about what the role entails, please contact the Commercial Office on 01604 514455 or email email@example.com