Senior Squad / Academy Physiotherapist
Organisation: Northamptonshire County Cricket Club
Location: The County Ground, Abington Avenue, Northampton, NN1 4PR
Salary: Competitive salary package.
Contract Type: Full-Time.
Hours: 40 hours/week depending on the demands of the Cricket Season.
Report to: Head Physiotherapist
Closing Date: Friday 5th March 2021
Start Date: 1st April 2021
How to apply: Email your cover letter and CV to Head Physiotherapist/ Science and Medicine Lead
Barry Goudriaan on email@example.com
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and driven Physiotherapist to join our ambitious
Science and Medicine Team at Northamptonshire County Cricket Club.
The Physiotherapist will be working closely alongside Head Physiotherapist and Chief
Medical Officer in looking after the overall medical care, rehabilitation and injury prevention
programmes of all professional and academy playing staff.
- Providing physiotherapy cover for most home and away matches for Second Eleven, some
First Eleven, and some Academy matches as required over the season.
- Prove cover as well on all Senior Squad & Academy practice days
- Cover of the Sports Injury Clinic whole year round.
- The Physiotherapist will be required for two monthly Sunday Academy Sessions in the Off
Season between November and March.
- Responsibility for respecting the players’ confidentiality at all times. The Physiotherapist will
not pass on any information regarding the injury/ illness to any other person within
Northamptonshire County Cricket Club or elsewhere without the players’ consent.
- Assist Head Physiotherapist, Covid-19 Medical Officer and Covid-19 Officer with
management of the Club’s Covid-19 policies and procedures. This will include assisting in
weekly Covid testing of Players and other Staff.
- Liaise closely with the Head Physiotherapist regarding assessment outcomes and treatment
objectives for the players on a daily basis.
- Coordinating Return-to-Competition programmes with the Head Physiotherapist and the
Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- The Physiotherapist will report assessment and treatment results, in full, of both
Professional and Academy Players on the electronic note keeping system (The Cricket Squad)
provided by the ECB.
- To perform Academy Squad musculoskeletal and movement screening/ profiling of Academy
- Assist with musculoskeletal and movement screening/ profiling of Senior Squad.
- Assist the Head Physiotherapist/Science and Medicine Lead with the annual ECB Science and
- Participate in the annual ECB CPD seminars and contribute to the ongoing CPD programme
of our Science and Medicine Department to keep abreast of best practice.
- Maintaining good working relationships with all playing staff, Head Physiotherapist, Head
Strength and Conditioning, Chief Medical Officer, Performance Coaches and ECB Medical
- To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the
- Bachelors Physiotherapy Degree.
- Current registration with the HCPC and current accreditation and membership with the CSP.
- In-date Advance Life Support and Trauma Management qualification.
- Enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Having worked in and/or experience with cricket.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in provision of Physiotherapy services to Elite and
- Flexibility to workdays / hours and willing to be available on occasional weekends.
- Own transport.
- A postgraduate qualification specialising in Sports Physiotherapy/ Sports and Exercise
Medicine or equivalent.
- Preparing and delivering peer reviewed conference presentations or journal articles in the
past two years.
- Preparing and delivering a presentation at a formal CPD course (i.e. externally ratified with
paying attendees) in the past two years.